Tuesday 25 August 2015

No. 239. 'Another poem.'


(This does not mean the end is near by any means, these are just the fears that hit me when I wake and are in my dreams.)

You sleep a sleep of laboured breath,
As I lay and weep and fear your death.

I want and want for you to stay,
To love me still for many a day. 

Yet I am torn to watch you slowly die,
You are too tired to weep, too tired to cry.

It is too cruel, to watch my boy,
Be sapped of life, be sapped of joy.

Stay by my side, I hear me say,
Yet be at peace I hear me pray.

Yet you hold my hand and smile your smile,
And I hold it tight and stay while.

So I wish and wish for you to be,
Well again and stay with me.

Where we can walk along dappled lanes,
And laugh and dance and love again.

Yet it cannot be, life has dealt it's cards,
When that day it comes, it will be so hard.

So remember my boy, I will love you for ever.
I will cherish the time we have left together.

Be the time be long or the time be short,
Be sure it is a battle you have bravely faught.