Thursday 13 August 2015

No. 231. 'Not so good.'

In the moment thoughts.

My dear Chris is so tired this morning. His breathing woke me a few times in the night. He said this morning that he wished he had taken another lorazepam earlier to help him sleep, so I suggested that we get him washed and dressed etc, but then get back in bed. I have set up his feed on the night pump and given him half a tablet and hopefully he will be able to get some sleep. I was supposed to be going to the dentist this afternoon for a check up, but I have cancelled it. Denise, Christopher's sister was coming down to look after him, but I don't want to leave him. 

Chloe is flying home from Gatwick next week to see us. It isn't much dearer than the train and a damn sight quicker. She will travel two days and be home one and a bit, but I know it will perk Chris up no end. Denise will pick her up from Newquay and Tracey will take her back. Thank the Lord for our wonderful family. She shed a few tears for her dad today, I am a little worried about him.

Chris has always recently napped during the day in his wheelchair, so it is strange with him being in bed, I find myself checking on him constantly, I can't settle, I feel on edge. I will be so glad when Tam and Karl are back on Monday. They have been out of contact, so they will see a difference in Chris.

One of Chris's closest friends visited today, it really cheered him up to catch up. He is still so very tired though. Some fancy foot things turned up too that I ordered, I am hoping the local MNDA branch will help with the cost, they are just perfect though, just what I have been looking for for him.



He decided he wanted to try the Oromorph, so Kevin has got to pick it up for me. 

The is the first time Chris has stayed in bed all day. We have held back on the cough assist unless it gets absolutely necessary as that is so tiring too. My poor boy, this is just too cruel.