Wednesday 6 May 2015

No. 177 The funnier side of MND

MND is devastating and cruel and all those things plus some, but we aren't living under a depressive cloud 24/7, it does have it's funny side too.

Chris still manages to shower himself with the use of a shower seat, though he does need me to help dry and dress him. I was drying his nooks and crannies and he said he would like a bit of talcum powder, so off I went to get it. I came came back and shook it all over his 'Willie Wonka' and gave it a pat. He smiled, looked and me and said  ' I only ever usually put it on my feet!' I nearly wet myself laughing at that and Chris too, it was the funniest thing as he was so shocked and surprised at what I had done. We still giggle about that now.

We cannot and will not live in total misery and I know life isn't as bad as it can get yet, but I hope we will always find laughter in this dire situation.

There is joy too and today we are off to visit our darling Chloe and there will be hugs and kisses aplenty.

MND will steal many things from Chris, but he still has a wonderful sense of humour and a very cheeky side and there are still plenty of hugs and cuddles and a whole lot of love to go round.

So MND.....it isn't going to steal everything....not if we have anything to do with it.