Monday 23 March 2015

No. 164. I HATE MND!!!!

I hate this b*****d disease that is MND so much. To see what it is doing to my darling husband, who never complains and always smiles, breaks my heart. To see him struggle to get out of bed like an old man and to choke on fresh air. To see him hobbling with a stick, to realise he is hardly eating any normal food now. To hear his speech slowly get worse.

To also hear about those that have lost their lives to this vile disease and to those that are living near the end in such difficult circumstances is also heartbreaking and quite frankly scares the crap out of me.

There is hope on the horizon with a drug in the US that has shown promising results in the early stages of testing and stem cell therapy somewhere else, but nothing for now, this minute, that can make this awful disease stop in it's tracks.

MND, I bloody hate it, hate it, hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is cruel beyond belief. It is slowly taking the love of my life from me and there is nothing I can do to stop it.