Thursday 26 February 2015

No.157. Random choking.

It never pays to get complacent with MND, just when you think you have things under control it comes back and bites you on the bum!

Chris had a random choking attack before bed last night, we weren't entirely sure why, but he was pretty distressed. I did the back slapping and then remembered the Lorazepam and asked him if he wanted one and he nodded yes, (I had already broken a couple of tablets in half before just in case as he only needs half of one) so I quickly got one and popped it under his tongue. It worked pretty quickly, calming his panic and relaxing his muscles I think, which enabled him to start to breathe more easily. Of course it also made him very sleepy so it was just as well it was before bedtime. He had said that he thought his breathing felt odd during during the day, like something was going to collapse, but thankfully he felt fine today so hopefully that was just a blip. The breathing problems, they scare me the most and Chris too, it is the only time I actually see fear in him, I hate that.

He did just have another choking attack as I was writing this and after he told me he was pissed off, I told him he had every right to be pissed off, I was pissed off for him....damn disease.

Making Chris choke MND, is so scary and cruel, just leave him alone will you and make sure you bloody well leave his chest muscles alone for as long as possible please... Or I am going to get REALLY angry !!!!