Monday 2 February 2015

No.146. I hate MND.

Well, I thought this day might be coming soon. Chris is struggling now with his balance and walking. Even standing up from the bed is tricky now and he falls back down again. I helped him get down the stairs this morning and seeing him trying to walk down well that is an accident waiting to happen. I told him we can move the bed into the dining room. Chris said no at first, he said he could go down the stairs on his bum, not a good idea. He agreed with me in the end though. There is a saying 'Pride comes before a fall', so true in this case. He is accepting that this will be the practical thing to do even if he is reluctant.

We will be moving into Chris's dad's bungalow in a few weeks. Just some practicalities to sort, but we are so very grateful to be able to do this. Meanwhile moving the bed down stairs will be the next best thing.

Slow down MND, you are moving way too fast for my liking. Leave Chris alone, leave everyone with MND alone. You are more than a disease, you are an insipid evil slowly stealing life. I rarely hate anything, but MND? well you are so very easy to hate.