Wednesday 1 October 2014

No 96. Brighton

It was was good to arrive in Brighton after 8hrs on the road. I drove from Oakhampton (Chloe had driven till then) and only had one break, so was quite proud of myself even if I did find it quite stressful. The traffic was heavy at times, but luckily we had no mishaps. 

On the way up we had a phone call from the Travel Lodge to say that the disabled rooms had been taken out of service due to maintenance issues and would we like to stay in one further away, I said no, that we had to stay there so we ended up in a normal room after all. The staff were very apologetic, but I was rather annoyed as I booked early so that Chris could use the shower properly in a disabled room. He can't stand up in the shower any more. It is only two nights though, so I think he will survive. Goodness knows what the problem is. 

Chloe had a meal with us and then we walked back to her bedsit with her. I do love Brighton, it is so vibrant and alive. Chloe's new room mate in the next room on her floor is also going to BIMM and he seems a really nice lad. I think they will get on really well. He has wonderful green hair !!

We picked Chris up some whisky and went back to our room. We will spend the day with Chloe tomorrow, she is so thrilled to be up here again.

I checked in with home and Tam said someone phoned and said Chris's independence allowance had been approved, so hopefully that means his PIP and if so that is brilliant. The MNDA are also finding out from Cornwall as to why they won't fund the neuro chairs, so overall, it has been a pretty positive day.