Thursday 4 September 2014

No.76. Be angry.

Won`t have time for a blog tomorrow morning, so just a quick catch up this evening.

Chris`s blue badge has turned up, so at least we will be able to park a bit closer to the main hospital tomorrow in a disabled spot. Still waiting for PIP to come through, but they said it could take up to four months, so we must be patient I guess.

Chris has been quite low today, I thought he might be anxious about tomorrow, but he is really missing the farm and being able to do all the things he used to do. I can understand that, he was born a farmer, it is and always will be his life, and there is nothing I can say or do to make this better for him. Farming isn`t a job, it`s a vocation and a lifestyle and for someone who has eaten and breathed it the whole of his life, this is a very bitter pill to swallow.

Someone said I was too polite when I described MND as a hateful disease this morning, he used some more choice words. I too would like to use those words, but I am mindful of who may be reading this, particularly Chris`s family. This disease is a ******* ******* and if I could make it **** off I would, but there is no expletive yet derived that can describe how vile and cruel this disease is and sometimes yes, I want to stand in the middle of one of our fields and scream and shout as loud as I can and call it all the names under the sun. This disease makes all of us touched by it so bloody angry, but I would rather feel anger than sadness, I`ll leave that for the future, as that is where the fight comes from. Chris is fighting this in his own way, he is much calmer and placid than me, but I think he should get angry, this evil disease is taking his life and in reality there is nothing he can do about it. That deserves all of our anger.

I pray that all the funds globally that have been raised by the Ice Bucket Challenges, will help pave the way for a cure one day. NO ONE should have to go through this awful disease EVER !!!