Monday 1 September 2014

No.75. Transition

Since Chris has found it harder to write I felt it was time to get him computer literate. He knows how to switch the office PC off, but that's about it, so yesterday I gave him some lessons on how to use a word processor and spreadsheets to record all his farm work. He has always been meticulous at keeping a diary. For now he will do both, a gradual transition from paper to computer. Sadly it will be something he will have to know one day, as a computer will be his main way of communication in the future. Thank the Lord for modern technology though.

I find facing all things MND hard sometimes, I want to hide away from it and make it all go away. Then I feel a little guilty as there are so many wonderful people out there raising awareness tirelessly. I find it quite hard to be be brave and proactive at times. There was a very moving and brave video on line about a family where that dad has MND. I didn't show it to Chris, I'm not going to rub his future in his face, it's hard enough for me to contemplate at times, let alone him.

I managed to pay the MND association the money raised at our farm sale yesterday, £230 in total, so that felt good

Well Chris has an appointment with the dietician today. At least I will be able to ask for advise about PEG feeding before Friday. I did phone about the INR blood test too and Chris does have to have another one this week. 

Back to MND ruling our world, but hey! the sun is shining and that's enough to make anyone smile.