Sunday 31 August 2014

No.74. The simple things.

TIME OUT. It did us good to get out and away from the farm yesterday to somewhere other than a hospital appointment. It wasn't anywhere fancy, I just took Chris and Chloe to see the places I loved as a child when I lived in Hayle. I knew it would be level, so wheelchair friendly. We walked a few miles, but it was worth it. Chris loved it and it brought back memories for me. I still feel mentally drained, but even though pushing Chris in a wheelchair should have been a constant reminder of his MND, the walk was actually a really good distraction. It has been so hard not to think of the future lately.

Sometimes the simple things are the best. 

BACK TO REALITY. Chris has a week of appointments, the dietician on Tuesday, the speech therapist on Wednesday, plus yet another INR blood test for his PEG op on Friday, though I will find out I think whether or not he needs another one, or if last weeks test will suffice. Certainly plenty of reminders of MND this week so yesterday's distraction was really needed. MND really does try and rule our lives.