Sunday 31 August 2014

No.73. Back to memory making.

felt more like my normal self yesterday. Kind and more importantly, understanding words from friends and my MND family helped a lot. So thank you for that. I slept better too.

Chris's problems with his swallow and the gradual deterioration of his speech still plays on my mind. It's beginning to dawn on him that this is happening quicker than he would have wanted. We joke that we need to make a signal that means I love you. I suggested hand signals, but Chris couldn't make his fingers do what he wanted so we laughed at that. I know there will be fancy technology available, but we wanted to think of something more personal. I guess that is a work in progress.

Chloe goes back to BIMM in Brighton in October, to continue with her degree for 3 months. The way things have progressed I wonder how Chris will be when she comes home in December. I hope he will still be able to talk, you never know with this awful disease. I've told him that he needs to say all the things he needs to say now while he can, all the important and personal stuff. I think he is beginning to get that.

We are off on holiday on the 20th, just Somerset, it's the first proper holiday we've had in 10 years, the farm always got in the way before. I've been busy researching all the places we want to go to and checking that they are wheelchair friendly. We quite fancied Wookey Hole, but I think it was a bit much for us to expect that going down into caves would be wheelchair friendly, so I think we'll give that a miss. The bungalow is wheelchair friendly and the whole family is going except Tam and Karl, they have work and pet duty. It will be nice to get away and have some fun before Chloe goes back. Jordan will have his birthday while we are there, my eldest will be 27, so we will have a reason to celebrate. 

Well, the sun is shining, we are off off out this afternoon together, just Chris, Chloe and I, time to stop dwelling and back to making some good memories, one thing MND can't stop happening.