Thursday 10 July 2014

No.25.Topping up the smiles.

It was so lovely to escape from the farm yesterday evening, just Chris and I. I`ve never seen a proper stage play before with proper actors off the tele, we really enjoyed ourselves. We thought the walk from the car park to the theatre would be OK for Chris, it wasn`t too far, he took his walking poles for support and although he managed it, it was very slow going. I think if we went again we would have to take the wheelchair. We also found something else that is off the menu food wise, soft, chewy mints! He choked while eating one. I think anyone who has MND will know that when they choke on something, it is slightly different to how a person with a healthy swallow would choke. He`s scared me a couple of times in the past doing that. Still, I guess he can live without chewy mints. That aside though, we had a wonderful time, I think we must do that again while we still can. We can`t totally escape MND where ever we are, but it was so good to get distracted from it for a while. It certainly topped up the smiles.