Monday 28 July 2014

No.42. One for the memory bank.





Chris and I arrived home safely from our weekend away after first dropping Chloe off in Brighton, she will catch the coach back home, but at least she will only have to do the 12hr trip one way this time. It took us nine hours in total, including breaks and I drove from Portsmouth (Chris did the first couple of hours). I was quite chuffed with myself as I have never driven outside of Cornwall before. I was terrified of the motorways as we don`t get much chance to practice on them down our way, I used to let Chris do all the `up country` driving when he was well. Times have changed and I have had to come out of my comfort zone, but I think it did me good and Chris got to rest for a change.

I coped getting the scooter in and out of the car, the ramp works a treat and Chris soon got the hang of negotiating pedestrians in Horsham`s shopping precinct. We taxied to my brother`s place where they were holding a surprise party for his eldest daughter. It was lovely to catch up with the family as we don`t see each other very often. There was lots of laughter, especially as Chloe got a little tipsy and my brother had a good bottle of `Jack Daniels` on hand for Chris. There was also plenty of chat and a few tears and a good time was had by all. It was one of those occasions to be added to the memory bank and it was one party where MND was not invited.