Friday 11 July 2014

No.26.Note to self.

I did something I shouldn`t have yesterday, I watched a documentary on You Tube,which was made about 11 years ago. It was about a man who had MND, it followed the last few months of his life and in his case , it ended with him going to Dignitas in Switzerland. It really hit me what the later stages will be like. It breaks my heart to think of what Chris will go through one day, it makes me so sad for him. The one blessing, if there is a blessing, is the level of care, support and equipment on offer now. It seems to have improved greatly. It also made me think of the MNDA Charter, fighting for the rights for good care and dignity for all those with MND and how important that was. Anyone can sign the charter, to anyone reading this, click on the link below. There may be no cure as yet, but we should make sure that everyone who has MND has the best care possible.

Oh, and note to self, don`t watch any more MND videos on You Tube!

http://www.mndassociation.org/Resources/MNDA/Campaigns/Documents/MNDA_Charter_5_pages.pdf