Tuesday 24 June 2014

No.5.Privacy and normality.


Some people won`t approve of this blog, they might prefer things to be kept private, but if we want more people to know about MND, we must be prepared to talk about it, how else will people understand? I don`t mind sharing our life this way, kind of anonymously. Face to face? that`s a different matter. Chris and I are two of life`s introverts, but he`s quite happy for me to do this.

It`s funny how emotions can catch you unaware. Most of the time it`s like we are outside looking in. We talk about it a lot, but are kind of detached from it if that makes sense? A kind of self protection I guess. I was picking our 18 year old daughter up the other day and we were talking about her dad and I told her what he had said about us growing old together and I burst into tears, while driving ,it took me quite by surprise, I was really choked up. Our youngest daughter doesn`t show her feelings much about MND, but I know she was glad to get home from uni and see her dad again. Our eldest daughter has cried quite a bit, even my hard as nails son, shed a tear. I read somewhere that this all becomes the new normal and that makes sense. I guess each stage of this disease becomes the next new normal. Would just like this normal to last a little while longer if you don`t mind MND.