Monday 23 June 2014

No.1.Confirmation = devastation




I started this blog as a way of keeping a record of how MND will affect us a family as well as my husband Christoper, who was diagnosed with this dreadful disease on the 5th May 2014.

*Edit. Thought I`d add a little about ourselves. We are a farming family. My husband farms with his brother and we live in Cornwall. We have 3 children between us aged 18, 24 and 26. We know no one personally who has ever had MND and finding it had chosen my husband was a bolt from the blue.

12/5/14

A week ago my 56 year old husband was diagnosed with MND. He`d had a limp for quite a few months and after constant nagging and noticing his hands were feeling weak, he finally visited our family GP in February 2014. As soon as he came home and said he was being referred to a neurologist, alarm bells started ringing. As most of us would, I looked it up on the internet. I scared myself to death, praying what I had read was wrong. After 3 months of tests we had the result we dreaded. Talk about being knocked for six. We both cried when the neurologist told us, especially Chris when he said it was terminal.The receptionist kindly put us in a side room and gave us a cup of tea. The first of many kindnesses. May 5th 2014, the day that change our lives forever.